Saturday, February 27, 2010

1/100

Book: The Host - Stephenie Meyer

“Why not? Haven’t you subdued the human yet?” She laughed loudly. Laughing at me.

I turned my back to her and concentrated on calming myself. I tried to pretend that she wasn’t there. That I was all alone in my austere kitchen, staring out the window into the little patch of night sky, at the three bright stars I could see through it.

Note: Her first “adult novel”, grammar is not Stephenie Meyer’s strong point, but for some reason I really like this book. Following two characters but one body (Mel and Wanderer - human and alien respectively), this book is about an alien race that take over the minds of human hosts, only to discover that we’re not as evil and destructive as they first believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment