Saturday, April 17, 2010

6/100

Book: Persuasion - Jane Austen

So passed the first three weeks. Michaelmas came; and now Anne's heart must be in Kellynch again. A beloved home made over to others; all the precious rooms and furniture, groves, and prospects, beginning to own other eyes and other limbs! She could not think of much else on the 29th September; and she had this sympathetic touch in the evening, from Mary, who, on having occasion to note down the day of the month, exclaimed, 'Dear me! is not this the day the Crofts were to come to Kellynch? I am glad I did not think of it before. How low it makes me!'


Note: My favourite Jane Austen, and one of my favourite books. The whole waiting for love and the maturity of Anne Elliot appeals to me. Although after reading it again, I've only just noticed the ending and it's a bit odd. Oh well, the rest is pure romantic bliss. I swear in every Austen novel at least 3 couples get married (I was just about to list them but for those who haven't read the books yet, that wouldn't be cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment